The Welsh branch of the Chartered Institute of Housing has recently launched a campaign encouraging voters to bring up housing issues with their local election candidates ahead of the local council elections being held on the 4th May. The campaign titled “Handle on Housing” provides a short list of questions relating the party’s housing agenda that the public can ask when candidates come knocking, which comes in the form of a handy door handle that can on the front door ready for the occasion. These questions include:
- Housing can be the solution to many public policy problems – is housing top of your agenda?
- Are you confident your party can support the delivery of the homes needed in the area?
- If I was at risk of becoming homeless imminently – are you confident your administration could support me?
- Are you aware of how the changes to the benefit system will impact our local community?
- What will your party do to regenerate the local area?
Commenting on the campaign, the Director of CIH Cymru Matt Dicks said “CIH Cymru believes that housing should be one of the top issues in these local elections. The Welsh Government has set an ambitious target of building 20,000 new affordable homes in Wales during this Assembly term, and local councils will play a central role in delivering that”.
With CIH Cymru encouraging the public to raise awareness of the housing concerns with their local authorities, we hope that this will focus highlight the issue so it can be tackled. LegalinX-7Side have over 20 years’ experience in providing all necessary conveyancing searches for housing associations throughout Wales. Our user friendly ordering platform features recommended searches and an area mapping facility with reports sent directly to you. Our experienced and enthusiastic property team are always on hand to assist with cases, ensuring our clients receive the best service along with their searches. For more information on LegalinX-7Side products and services visit our Conveyancing Searches page.